Discovery Networks Finland is a Finnish TV broadcaster which is in a growth stage. It has four free-to-air channels TV5, Kutonen, Frii and TLC and online platforms Dplay and Eurosport Player. Company has also seven pay-TV channels Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Discovery Science, Discovery World and ID. Discovery Networks Finland belongs to global media company Discovery Inc.
We are searching for an experienced Scheduling Manager for a permanent position to work at our Helsinki Office.
In this role you will work closely with Content Director on long- and short-term content strategy. You will be in charge of providing insight, analyses and estimates for both digital and linear program planning of Discovery Networks Finland and building a strong windowing strategy across our linear and digital platforms. You will also co-operate closely with scheduling to maximize our programming inventory’s trp and digital potential and align it with commercial needs.
You are analytical and skilled in numeric data and have both a strategic and hands-on approach. You are passionate about content and have an entrepreneurial attitude. You are a confident and fast problem solver and want to work in a challenging and a fast-paced organization.
– Building a successful windowing strategy across linear and digital platforms for our program inventory.
– Analyses, calculations and insight to support our local program strategy and program planning for linear channels and Dplay.
– Performance estimates for linear schedules and digital viewing
– Working together with Programming teams in Finland and the Nordics. Reporting to Content Director Finland.
– 5 years of data driven experience preferably in television or media agency with an excellent, proven track record.
– In-depth understanding of commercial television – both linear and digital.
– Excellent skills in Ms Office, knowledge of AdEdge and WhatsOn is an advantage.
– Analytical and passionate about numbers.
– Passion for content.
– A self-imposed problem solver with an entrepreneurial and flexible attitude.
– Excellent team work and collaborative skills, with the ability to translate business objectives into action.
– Comfortable in presenting and conceptual skills.
– Minimum Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
– Fluent in English and in Finnish.
For further queries, please contact Content Director Katja Santala at +358 40 567 0818 on Thu, 24 January at 15.00-16.00 or Fri, 25 January at 9.30-11.00. Please kindly send your application and CV with salary expectations to moc.y1547900749revoc1547900749sid@n1547900749enimr1547900749un_id1547900749ieh1547900749 latest on Sunday, 10 February 2019.
We are searching for an Partnerships Manager for a permanent position to work at our Helsinki Office. Partnerships Manager will manage and develop Discovery’s partnerships in Finland and create new partnerships in cooperation with Discovery’s internal stakeholders. Partnerships Manager will report to CFO Finland.
– Drive revenue growth and strategic priorities.
– Sales and distribution of pay-tv channels, digital products, strategic content and marketing partnerships as well as all associated revenue streams.
– Identify and source new partnership opportunities.
– MBA or similar with min. 5 years’ experience within business development.
– Substantial work experience from sales/partnerships.
– Keen interest in the TV and media industry – experience in media industry is highly valued.
– Strong relationship building skills.
– Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
– Excellent communicator – able to liaise effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
– Proven ability to think creative and strategic while handling complex issues.
– Attention to detail.
– Ability to work under pressure while meeting budgets and deadlines.
– A willingness to go the extra mile.
– Fluent in English and in Finnish.
For further queries, please contact CFO Juha Järvelä at +358 50 542 6344 on Tue, 15 January at 10:00-11.00 or Thu, 17 January at 15:00-16.00. Please kindly send your application and CV with salary expectations to moc.y1547900749revoc1547900749sid@n1547900749enimr1547900749un_id1547900749ieh1547900749 latest on Sunday, 10 February 2019.
Technical Support Specialist
We are looking for a service-minded Technical Support Specialist with great people skills to work at our Helsinki Office for a six-months’ fixed-term position. You will be part of an agile and flexible Nordic support team and report to the team lead in Stockholm. We offer you a great place to work with awesome colleagues. You will be a highly appreciated addition to our Discovery family.
Key responsibilities and day-to-day tasks:
– Act as professional 1st line and 2nd line support for software and hardware including smartphones, conference room equipment, IPTV and printers.
– Prepare and deploy IT hardware: laptops, desktops and smartphones.
– Implementation and rollouts of new software and solutions occasionally.
– Liaise with 3rd party suppliers and software vendors when needed.
– Be part of the Nordic IT team, which involves working over-the-borders and traveling occasionally.
– Working in an IT support role for 1-3 years or having similar college degree in Information Technology.
– Knowledge in Active Directory, Office 365, SCCM, VPN, cloud solutions and basic network/server/infrastructure awareness.
– Solid experience in troubleshooting Windows 10 and Mac OS X.
– Solid end-user communication skills over the shoulder, over the phone, e-mail or in chat.
– Big interest in the latest in tech and end-user solutions.
– Being able to work over-hours if circumstances require it or business is affected negatively.
– Experience working in Service Now or other ticketing systems is a plus.
– You’re a kind-hearted and dedicated team player that never hesitate to reach out with a helping hand while having a friendly approach.
– A self-imposed problem solver with creative pro-active attitude. You feel committed to complete any task in the best way possible and tough tasks give you an extra spark.
– Flexible attitude towards working in occasional hectic working environment.
– You’re a great listener and a people person with good English and Finnish language skills.
For further queries, please contact Per Häljestam, Nordic IT Team Lead, at moc.y1547900749revoc1547900749sid@m1547900749atsej1547900749lah_r1547900749ep1547900749. Please kindly send your application and CV in English with salary expectations to moc.y1547900749revoc1547900749sid@n1547900749enimr1547900749un_id1547900749ieh1547900749 latest on Monday, 28 January 2019.